LTE Network is now available in your neighborhood as MTN, nTel and Glo have fully deployed their 4G LTE network while Etisalat has just been confirmed to have launched the service in Nigeria.
While it might be a little bit late when compared with other telecom providers globally, it is still a very welcome development.
Almost all devices launched recently are fully 4G LTE enabled and the speed is blazing. This post shows how to confirm 4G LTE service in your area and how to activate it on your phone as well as how you can subscribe to any of the available data plans for each of the network.
To Activate MTN 4G LTE Nework
MTN has the widest 4G LTE coverage available for all states in Nigeria. To use MTN 4G data plan, you must be using a compatible phone and must have swapped your sim for MTN 4G sim card from any MTN office nearest to you before you can be part of MTN 4G evolution.
1. Confirm that your device is 4G LTE enabled. Alternatively, use the USSD code, text 4G to 131 on MTN and you will receive a text to know if your device is compatible or it.
2. Go to the any MTN Store or Partner and either swap your current MTN sim or just buy a new 4G LTE SIM and registered it.
3. When you have the 4G enabled sim (either by swap or purchase), dial *444# and subscribe to any of the MTN 4G available plans.
MTN 4G Data Plans and How to Subscribe
If you have confirmed your smartphone that it's compatible with MTN 4G network and you have swapped to MTN 4G compatible sim.
Dial *444# to check and choose MTN 4G data plan suitable for you.
Below are some of their available data plans.
100MB for N500 (Valid for 7 days).
150MB for N499 (Valid for 24 hours).
200MB for N1000 (Valid for 30 days).
Unlimited data for N36,999 (Valid for 30 days).
42GB for N66499 (Valid for 12 Months).
10GB for N6000 (Valid for 30 days).
15GB for N10,000 (Valid for 30 days).
For nTel 4G Network Data Plans, Click Here
To Activate Glo 4G LTE Nework
Unlike MTN, Glo 4G LTE network coverage is limited to some selected areas as shown below:
1. Confirm that your device is 4G LTE enabled. Either check the specs written on the body of the device purchase box or go to settings and search for available networks. Alternatively, use the USSD code, text 4G to 400 on Glo and you will receive a text to know if your device is compatible or it.
2. Go to the any Glo World Office and either swap your current Glo sim for a 4G LTE sim or just buy a new 4G LTE SIM and registered it.
3. When you have the 4G enabled sim (either by swap or purchase), dial *777# and subscribe to any of the 4G available plans.
GLO 4G Data Plans and How to Subscribe
1.6GB for N500 valid for 10days
3.2GB for N1,000 valid for 30days
7.5GB for N2,000 valid for 30days
10GB for N2,500 valid for 30days
12GB for N3,000 valid for 30days
18GB for N4,000 valid for 30days
24GB for N5,000 valid for 30days
48GB for N8,000 valid for 30days
2GB + 2.5GB on Campus + N2,000 airtime + 500Mb data to gift for N2,000 valid for 30days
5GB + 6.25GB on Campus + N5000 airtime + 1.25GB for N5,000 valid for 30days
Recharge your Glo Sim. Dial *777#, then choose Data Services » Buy Data » Monthly Plans. Follow the on-screen instructions to activate the plan.
Please note that your current 3G Modem will not support the The Glo 4G LTE sim. You also need to buy a new Glo 4G router or any Universal MiFi available to you. Alternatively, you can share your 4G connection via hotspot from your 4G enabled smartphone to your PC.