Airtel Nigeria has recently launched a new time-based unlimited data plan which offers unlimited browsing and downloads with the subscribed timed package; we call it the Airtel Cybercafe Planand it is available on Airtel SmartTRYBE tariff plan. Later in this article, you will see how to configure Slow DNS settings in order to use it to browse and queue up your downloads on UC Browser on your favorite download manager for free (but limited) before activating the timer for the unlimited downloads.
Airtel Unlimited Night Data Plans:
Airtel’s Unlimited Night Plan is unlimited just like the name implies and gives you unlimited data cap within 7 hours (11pm – 6am).
The Airtel Unlimited Night Data plans are as follows;
1. N100- Unlimited browsing for 1 hour between 11pm and 6am
2. N200- Unlimited browsing for 2 hours between 11pm and 6am
How to subscribe to the Airtel Unlimited Night data plan?
1. Migrate to the Airtel SmartTRYBE by dialling *312#
2. Dial *312*3# to subscribe to the Airtel Unlimited Night Plan
The other unlimted data plan which takes a bite from Etisalat Paygo data plan (though a bit more expensive) has 4 main categories, all with a one day validity period.
The four different categories include;
Code to subscribe the Airtel time based unlimited data: Just dial “*439#” and reply with the number corresponding to any of the plan you prefer. After selecting, reply with “1” to activate the plan and run the timer.
To stop the timer, simply disconnect the data. But remember that with the maximum validity period of one day, any unused time left will expire the next day.
How to Queue Up Your Downloads for Free using Slow DNS Settings before starting the timer
Using SlowDNS is free on airtel but has a download limit of 50 mb daily, therefore, you can use the 50mb to browse your favorite movie downloads sites and queue up the interested movies on your download manager or UC Browser before you activate the timer.
2. Go to the 3rd row and select Server 3
3. On the 4th row, clear everything there (it is faint so be sure that everything is cleared) before inputing this IP “192.168.175.145”.
4. On the next row, where you see “Null”, click on it and select: “Response not encoded”.
5. Check the two boxes below and tap connect
6. Remember, you are using the airtel default apn on your phone settings.
7. It is capped at 50mb so use wisely
You can also use this to test the network for speed before you fire you the timer. Enjoy!